Apr 27, 2011

Ameture hockey player assaults Ref, gets arrested... Released on $80 bond.

So my buddy DiMo plays in a completely ameture hockey league in Greenwich Conn. He's a 45-year old father of 3 who makes multiple millions of dollars a year and he is by no means a tough guy.
.
But he was telling me about his game last night, where THIS happened:
.
"After a slashing penalty was called against a hockey player during a game at the rink late last night, referee Peter Tarantino of Cos Cob said he was punched in the face two times by a scrappy Norwalk player. Hockey player Martin Durkaj, 31, of 116 Rowayton Woods Road, Norwalk, was charged with second-degree breach of peace and criminal attempt at third-degree assault."
.
The funniest thing, to me at least, was this: "He was released on $80 bond."
.
$80 bucks for assault? Jesus, I have at least twice that on me most times. From what he told me the Ref was a good sport about it and even had beers with the winning team after the game to show off his black eye...
.
And the worst part of the situation is that my buddy DiMo - a BIG hockey fan - missed this:
.

No comments:

Post a Comment